Brand architecture and ambition:
Johnson & Johnson Medical
Johnson & Johnson Medical (JJM) provides medical products and technology for a range of strong brands such as Cordis, DePuy, Ethicon and Ethicon Endo-Surgery with different customers, heritages, market positions and competitors.
While the franchises are often the lead customer-facing brands, JJM is the lead brand for customers, current and potential employees and suppliers.
The marketplace was changing, and it was time for JJM to step forward and be seen as the leading brand in the medical field. Key questions explored included What is the role and complementary stance for JJM and for each of the speciality brands? and How should JJM develop meaning around the philosophy ‘Restoring the joys of life’ inside the organisation, and how does it translate to an external value proposition that complements individual brand stances?
Brand Council developed the strategy and inculcation plan including the:
- role and ambition of the Johnson & Johnson Medical brand
- role and focus of the brands within the JJM family
- value proposition for external stakeholders
- value proposition to employees (current and potential)
- inculcation plan to achieve a powerful culture
- plan to deliver the strategy to the key customers, from surgeons to hospital leaders and procurement managers.
- brand books, brand idea, and communications material.